Hey y'all! I'm Cami Monet, and I'm a watercolor artist, calligrapher and stationery designer based in Orlando, Florida.
Most days you can find me cozied up in my studio with a cat in my lap and coffee that probably needs to be warmed up in the microwave.
But when I'm not making a mess and painting, you can find me hanging out with my ridiculously good-looking, total sweetheart of a husband who is the marshmallows to my Lucky Charms. I'm also a sprinkled donut enthusiast (pink frosting, please), wannabe gardener (just once I'd like to not kill my basil) and thrift store extraordinaire always on the hunt for vintage teacups and Pyrex (if your grandma likes it, it's probably my style.).
I grew up in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee on Morning Glory Farm (now a gorgeous wedding venue!!), and I picked up my first paintbrush when I was 3.
Of course, I had plenty to choose from thanks to being the daughter of a watercolor artist! My very willing (and brave) dad would sit me on his lap and let this eager toddler add the finishing touches to his originals. Soon enough, I had sold my own first original at G. Webb Gallery (pretty sure it was to my nana), and I guess you could say that's where it all began! (And now I still send all my paintings to him to get his feedback and approval! Old habits die hard, y'all.)
Now I love using this gift that God gave me and serving people by capturing their favorite memories with paint. I'm passionate about creating unique ways to tell your story whether that be with pretty calligraphy, a custom painting or wedding invitations that make people say "oh, that's so YOU." That, my friends, is why I still believe in the power of paper!
Dying to know more? Here are a few not-so-important things you might not about me!
1. I eat an entire jar of my Nana's homemade jam every week without fail. It's both a blessing and a curse that I don't have the biscuits to go with it.
2. I am a thrift store junkie, as in I love thrifting and I love junk. I sometimes go to the same thrift store multiple times a day "just in case." 98% of my wardrobe is thrifted, and if I had a dollar for every time i said, "Oh I got it at Goodwill!" then I wouldn't have to shop there anymore.
3. I'm a firm believer that squats and deadlifts can make anything better.
4. I landed my dream job straight out of college working for a travel magazine, and I have quite a few opinions on the best places to visit in the Caribbean, an arsenal of crazy travel tales and plenty of checkmarks on my bucket list.
5. My favorite weather is SNOW, and my idea of heaven is snowboarding every day and coming home to a roaring fire. Flannel sheets are also involved.
Still here? Well, shoot! Let's stay in touch!
Follow me on Instagram, like me on Facebook and sign up to get notes from me in your inbox. Or just shoot me an email and say hello ... or send your favorite recipe involving chocolate. That works too.